The only phone call home I ever made as a teacher was to tell a father how happy I was that his kid was in my first period class. Y'all were literally the reason I woke up in the morning.
- Don't be afraid to ask, "Why do we do it this way?" or "Why do we think this way?" Question everything.
- Don't be afraid to stick out. Do you, when if it's unpopular.
- Don't be afraid to fail. If you do, try again.
- Don't be afraid to step out on your own. It's easier to stay in a bad situation that's known than to face the unknown. But bad will always be bad.
- Don't be afraid to ask for help or advice. Whatever you're facing, someone else has been there before.
- Don't be afraid to be vulnerable. Don't rely on timelines and feeds to maintain relationships and images. Have at least one person who knows you, the real you, and that you talk to on a regular basis on the phone or FaceTime or, better yet, in person.